Barcelona Confident Neymar, Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez To Reject Premier League Transfers

  • Print This Article
Feb 22, 2016 09:32 AM EST
Close
Lionel Messi, Neymar
Barcelona stars Lionel Messi and Neymar celebrate a goal during a 2016 match in La Liga play."

Barcelona has is working with what some believe to be the best front line in history. Neymar Jr, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi have combined to become one of the deadliest trios as they continue to lead Barcelona through the season. However, there are fears that this might not last forever as contract issues and Premier League temptations begin to rise.

According to Santi Gimenez as AS.com, Barcelona could have issues meeting financial needs as Messi is due to get a raise while Neymar will be looking for a new extension soon. Reports suggest the inflated salaries could "clean the club out" as they approach the salary cap. That has brought into focus the temptation for the stars to depart Barcelona for Premier League play sooner rather than later.

So far any idea that a transfer is happening from one of the three stars is getting denied. The Mirror is reporting Neymar has no intention of playing in the Premier League and is happy staying in Barcelona. The star has been quoted saying he plans on sticking with the club for many years even with the contract drama. 

Suarez has echoed those beliefs too, but also said he would be tempted to join only one club in the Premier League, Liverpool. Suarez is currently leading La Liga play in goals scored. He noted that he prefers to stay with Barcelona. However, Liverpool would be a tempted move, not for the money, but to develop as a player in Europe.

"I'd prefer to stay here for many more years. I know it doesn't always turn out that way," Suarez said, via SkySports.com. "But if I had to return to the Premier League, I would only go to Liverpool. I wouldn't go to another team. It wouldn't be a move for money. I'd also love to play again for Ajax, as they allowed me to develop as a player in Europe."

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu made it clear that his club's three strikers are staying put despite offers coming in from the Premier League. Bartomeu told the Mail that all three players had opportunities to make more money elsewhere, but chose to come to Barcelona and play together. That has certainly played off in terms of wins and championships. He also made it clear that Messi stressed that he has no interest in playing for another European team while the contract issues will work themselves out.

"All of our players are in a moment where we renew their contracts, we extend their contracts," Bartomeu said, via ESPNFC.com. "Right now I don't see that any of our players have to leave next summer. I cannot tell you if we have done it or not done it, but as a member of the board we are responsible people. We know what is best for our club. When something is done, we will announce it."

Get the Most Popular Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2015 Sportsworldreport.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Print This Article

Join the Conversation

  • Get Connected
  • Share
  • Like Us on Facebook
  • @sportswr
  • Recommend on Google
Real Time Analytics