Miami Dolphins Rumors: Richie Incognito Left Racially Charged and Threatening Voicemails and Text Messages To Jonathan Martin As OL Suspended Indefinitely For Conduct Detrimental

  • Print This Article
Nov 04, 2013 08:30 AM EST
Close
Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito
Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito (68) tries to stop New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork (top R) from sacking Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill in the first quarter of their NFL football game in Foxborough, Massachusetts."

The Miami Dolphins have taken action and have suspended offensive lineman Richie Incognito and has asked the NFL to investigate the matter after reports came out that he was bullying and harassing fellow lineman Jonathan Martin and now more news has come out about possible racial and threatening messages left to Martin by Incognito.

According to Pro Football Talk and Fox Sports, Martin received messages from Incognito that were "threatening and racially charged" and that could mean trouble for the offensive lineman, as he has already been suspended from the team for the time being. The report says that those messages have been turned over to the league and they will continue to investigate and the Dolphins said during that time, Incognito would be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. His behavior will be reviewed and reports say that it was not limited to this incident and that there have been other uses and now his future with the team is in question, as he started all the games for the Dolphins and is a free agent next year.

Incognito was previously seen on a Hard Knocks video harassing and pranking a teammate and now a $30,000 dinner that was paid for by rookies is being looked at in a new context. All this started when Jonathan Martin left the team last week after reportedly being harassed in the lunch room and stormed out, supposedly over issues involving Incognito. Martin also reportedly gave Incognito $15,000 rather than go on a trip with fellow teammates, as he felt afraid of the consequences if he did not pay.

The Dolphins are taking the matter seriously and now they have taken some action, as Martin, a former second round draft pick, figures out what his next move is. Martin missed the win on Thursday against the Bengals and had Tyson Clabo start in his place and now the team must decide on what to do with Martin as well, as he is on the Non-football Illness and if he on past Tuesday he will be out for the rest of the season. Martin may not return and that could put the Miami locker room and the season in flux.

Get the Most Popular Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2015 Sportsworldreport.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Print This Article

Join the Conversation

  • Get Connected
  • Share
  • Like Us on Facebook
  • @sportswr
  • Recommend on Google

Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /websites/com_sportsworldreport_www/framework/source/sidebar/sidebar_new.php on line 24

Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /websites/com_sportsworldreport_www/framework/source/sidebar/sidebar_new.php on line 34
Real Time Analytics